Exposure to dirt, dust, and heat makes your skin dull. The struggle gets more challenging if you have oily skin. With hectic schedules, it isn’t easy to take out time for skincare. But maintaining a diet does not demand a lot of time and is essential to keep your skin healthy.
In this article, we will discuss some foods you should avoid if you have oily skin.
- Milk: Although an essential component of our lives, milk is responsible for negatively impacting your skin. It has features related to the hormone testosterone that stimulates the oil glands, making the skin look oily and greasy.
- Meat: Meat has very high sodium levels leading to water retention, which further causes swelling and greasiness, making your skin look extremely oily.
- Soy: It contains phytoestrogens which can disrupt hormonal balance, make the skin oily, and lead to acne.
- Red meat: Red meat is full of sodium which increases oil secretion and causes greasiness on the skin, and leads to acne.
- Refined grains: Refined grains spike blood sugar levels causing acne and pimples.
- Chocolates: Some of the chocolates contain sweetened cocoa, which makes your skin oily, leading to acne.
- Wheat: Wheat is high in gluten and phytic acid, causing difficulty indigestion. Indigestion disrupts the process of soaking nutrients affecting the skin in unwanted ways.
- Shrimp: Shrimp contains allergens that can lead to acne and greasiness. It also has high levels of iodine ,which can cause skin rashes.
- Mangos: Mangos are hot and can heat the body, making the skin oily and causing acne and pimples.
- Coffee: Coffee causes dehydration which may lead to inflammation, making the skin oily which further causes acne and pimples.