Wayne Mark Rooney is an English football manager and former footballer who currently represents Premier League side Manchester United.
On October 24, 1985, Wayne was born. Rooney is among the brightest, most creative, most imaginative, and most valuable English footballers ever. He mostly serves as a forward, but he has also been used in different midfield roles. Wayne Rooney is a well-known pro player who has represented England and Manchester United.
Here are a few fascinating things about him:
1. Rooney was raised as a Roman Catholic and is of Irish origin.
2. Rooney was born and raised rooting for Everton and is now a member of the club.
3. Rooney started his career with the Schoolboys, where he set a record of 72 goals in a single year, which he held until May 2010.
4. He was noticed by Everton scout Bob Pendleton at the age of nine and entered Everton FC.
5. He scored 114 goals in 29 games for Everton’s under-10s and 11s in the 1995–96 season, and at the age of 15, he was competing for the under-19s. On Everton’s run to the FA Youth Cup final in 2002, he recorded eight goals in eight appearances. This included one goal at the end loss to Aston Villa, which he celebrated by revealing a T-shirt that read, “Once Upon a Time.”
6. He made his competitive start in a friendly game against Tottenham Hotspur in 2002, just seven years after joining Everton’s youth team. Spurs crowd hated him during that game, shouting “Who are ya?” anytime he hit the ball.
7. When Rooney found the net against Wrexham on October 2, 2002, he became Everton’s youngest goalscorer at the time.