Global Anti-Fungal Treatment Market Size is Estimated to Reach USD 33,305.42 million by 2031, Growing at a CAGR of 6.45%: Straits Research
The Americas, holding a dominant 40.97% market share, are expected to grow at a notable CAGR of 6.47% during the forecast period. This growth is driven by the region’s high prevalence of anti-fungal diseases, substantial research investments, and rapid adoption of advanced treatment modalities.
New York, United States, Feb. 08, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Pharmaceutical fungicides, also known as fungistatic anti-fungal or antimycotics, are used to treat and prevent mycosis, including, but not limited to, ringworm, candidiasis, and cryptococcal meningitis. Fungal infections also provide a severe risk to people with compromised immune systems, such as AIDS patients. There are numerous anti-fungal medications available to treat fungal infections.
Download Free Sample Report PDF @ https://straitsresearch.com/report/anti-fungal-treatment-market/request-sample
Rising Number of Patients with Immunological Diseases Drives the Global Market
According to Straits Research, “The global anti-fungal treatment market size was valued at USD 18,975.9 million in 2022. It is expected to reach USD 33,305.42 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 6.45% during the forecast period (2023–2031).” People with weakened immune systems or immunological disorders are most frequently affected by fungus infections. The National Institutes of Health estimated that 23.5 million Americans had an autoimmune disease in 2017. In addition, autoimmune diseases are thought to affect 14.7 million to 23.5 million Americans, or 8% of the country’s population. They were also the primary killers of young people. Additionally, 220,000 cases of cryptococcal meningitis occur annually among AIDS patients worldwide. Consequently, HIV/AIDS is the main factor causing the increase in human fungal infections.
Production of New Drug Creates Tremendous Opportunities
There are many different anti-fungal medications on the market. Many existing drugs have various side effects, which presents a huge opportunity for manufacturers to develop new ones. Children and pregnant women typically receive fewer prescriptions for medications. Advanced topical carriers address biopharmaceutical problems with conventional drug delivery systems, such as poor retention and low bioavailability, because of their distinct structural and functional properties. Nanocarriers like Solid-Lipid nanoparticles, Microemulsions, Liposomes, Niosomes, Microsponge, Nanogel, Nanoemulsion, Micelles, etc., are frequently used to administer topical anti-fungal medications.
Americas anti-fungal treatment industry growth is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.47% during the forecast period. This is due to the high prevalence of anti-fungal diseases, research expenditures, and the rapid adoption of cutting-edge treatments in the area. The large research budget that is available will likely lead to more grants being awarded to researchers to develop new anti-fungal treatments for the market. In addition, the region has a higher prevalence of patients with various illnesses like candidiasis in addition to funding for research. The major manufacturers are expected to cooperate to improve the cash flow channel and outsource some of the production. For example, Gilead Sciences, Inc. announced that it would expand its access initiatives for AmBisome. The World Health Organization (WHO) and other public-sector organizations can now purchase AmBisome at a significant discount thanks to Gilead’s ongoing initiatives.
- Based on drug class, the global anti-fungal treatment market is bifurcated into azoles, echinocandins, polyenes, allylamines, and pyrimidines. The azoles segment is the highest contributor to the market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.44% during the forecast period.
- Based on therapeutic indication, the global anti-fungal treatment market is bifurcated into systemic candidiasis, cryptococcosis, prophylactic use of antifungals, and coccidioidomycosis. The systemic segment owns the highest market share and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.73% during the forecast period.
- Based on pathogens, the global anti-fungal treatment market is bifurcated into candida, aspergillus, cryptococcus, coccidioides immitis, zygomycetes, and trichophyton. The candida segment is the highest contributor to the market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.85% during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global anti-fungal treatment market is bifurcated into hospitals and clinics and dermatology clinics. The hospitals and clinics segment owns the highest market share and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.72% during the forecast period.
- Americas is the most significant shareholder in the global market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.47% during the forecast period.
The global anti-fungal treatment market’s major key players are Pfizer, Astellas Pharma Ltd, Novartis International Ag, Sanofi S.A, Merck KGaA, Bayer Ag, Abbott Laboratories, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences, Inc, and Cipla Inc.
- In January 2023, FDA advisers backed Cidara and Melinta’s antifungal treatment.
- In January 2023, Sandoz announced an agreement to acquire the leading antifungal agent Mycamine® from Astellas, reinforcing hospital offering and leading the Anti-Infectives portfolio.
Global Anti-Fungal Treatment Market: Segmentation
By Drug Class
By Therapeutic Indication
- Prophylactic Use of Antifungals
- Coccidioides Immitis
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Dermatology Clinics
- North America
- The Middle East and Africa
Get Detailed Market Segmentation @ https://straitsresearch.com/report/anti-fungal-treatment-market/segmentation
About Straits Research Pvt. Ltd.
Straits Research is a market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision-makers. Straits Research Pvt. Ltd. provides actionable market research data, especially designed and presented for decision making and ROI.
Whether you are looking at business sectors in the next town or crosswise over continents, we understand the significance of being acquainted with the client’s purchase. We overcome our clients’ issues by recognizing and deciphering the target group and generating leads with utmost precision. We seek to collaborate with our clients to deliver a broad spectrum of results through a blend of market and business research approaches.
For more information on your target market, please contact us below:
Phone: +1 646 905 0080 (U.S.)
+91 8087085354 (India)
+44 203 695 0070 (U.K.)
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. IndiaShorts takes no editorial responsibility for the same.