Kenya is a country that beckons with rich culture, spectacular landscape, and some of the most mesmerizing wildlife encounters in the world. Kenya tour packages from India pack lots of fun and adventure for the guests. Masai mara is one of the best tourist destinations not only in Africa but in the whole world for its excellent game viewing and thousands of animals under one conservancy.
The reserve has different ecosystems which favor different species of animals not to mention the most sought Big Five. The experience you get here is a lifetime experience, and in fact, you don’t get enough of a Masai Mara tour.
To get the most out of your tour, book with a reputable travel agency. Masaimarasafari.in offers the best and most affordable Masai mara packages. You can reach them by Phone or Whatsapp at +254719222430. Next, we discuss how to plan the best Masai mara tour packages from India.
Visitors from India require a Kenyan Visa to enter the country. The Visa application process for a short-term stay is simple, fast, and straightforward and can be done online from the comfort of your home.
· Requirements for Visa application:
- A (6) months valid passport
- Passport information such as; date of birth, passport number, nationality, and passport expiry date
- Blank page in the traveler’s passport for stamping
- Return ticket
- Confirmation of hotel booking.
Having discussed the travel requirements, let’s now look at the best time to travel to Kenya, specifically Masai mara.
Best Time to Plan a Kenya Safari from India
Masai mara is considered a year-round tourist destination, although the most sought period is during the great wildebeest migration. Your ideal season is dependent on what you want to see or what you want to experience.
Generally, mara experiences four big seasons as outlined below:
- January to March – This is the Lion season, also referred to as predator season. It is the breeding season for the wildebeest, gazelles, and zebras, leaving the reserve dotted with young ones, which attract more predators as food is readily available.
- April to June and November – The season is referred to as the green season or rainy season. The period is characterized by heavy rainfall, and it’s not the best season to visit the park. However, the rates are much lower compared to peak seasons.
- July to Early October – The season is the most spectacular of all, characterized by the annual migration of wildebeest, zebra, and Thomson’s gazelle to and from Serengeti. Also, leopards, lions, and cheetahs can be spotted during this season.
- December – Early January – This is the festive season and the richest season of wildlife viewing. It is the best time for safari drives and safari walks.
Also during the festive season you get to experience the festivities with the Mara community and get to learn of their cultural practices.
Cost of Masai Mara Tour Packages from India
- Budget Packages – The price starts from $ 300 per person sharing per day
- Mid-Luxury Packages – This starts from $370 per person sharing per day
- Luxury Package – The prices start from $500 per person sharing per day.
However, the above prices are just estimates. You can get a customized package to reflect your budget.
Things To Do in Masai Mara
There are a whole lot of activities that you can carry out during your Masai mara National Reserve tour. They include but not limited to:
Experience Wildebeest Migration – This is an annual event where over a million wildebeests, zebras and gazelles migrate from Tanzania to Kenya. It is a spectacular experience that you would not want to miss on your visit to mara.
Game Drive – This is an event of exploring the park in search of iconic animals. Mara is a home for the Big five and you might be lucky enough to spot all of them during your game drive.
It is advisable that you seek the services of a professional tour guide as they are well versed with the main hindout of these animals.
Hot Air Balloon – Hot air balloon is one of the most amazing activities carried out at Masai mara. The experience is one of a kind where you get a bird’s eye view of all animals below and the great wildebeest migration if you are lucky.
Birdwatching – There are over 500 birds in Masai mara which you can spot while on a birding safari.Remember to carry a pair of binoculars for an amazing and fulfilling birding safari experience.
Visit Maasai Community – This forms the climax of your Mara tour. Here you get to interact with the Mara community and experience their cultural activities.
Other activities include camping, horseback riding, safari walks, exploring open savanna, visit to mara river etc.
To book for one of a kind Masai mara safari tour, look for a reputable agency to guide you through the entire process. To save you the hassle, reach out to Masaimarasafari.in on email at [email protected] or Phone or WhatsApp at +254719222430.