LeT commander gunned down in an encounter along with his Pakistani associate

Nadeem Abrar, a top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and a Pakistani national were gunned down in an encounter, as informed by the police. On Tuesday, police stated that a day after his (Nadeem Abrar) arrest, top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander and a Pakistani nation were killed in an encounter in Parimpora area of the city. As per reports, Nadeem Abrar was arrested on Monday.

On citing the details of the incident, a police spokesperson claimed that Abrar who was a top commander of LeT was incorporated in several killings and was arrested while checking of vehicles at Parimpora on Monday and was put on a sustained interrogation. In addition to these, he revealed that the LeT commander unveiled the places where he had stored his AK-47 rifle in Maloora locality.

The spokesperson further disclosed that there was a specific input about terrorist initiating an attack on highways. In account of the seriousness on the input, few joint checkposts of JK Police and CRPF were set up along the highways.

Regarding the incident he elaborated, “On Parimpora naka (checkpost), a vehicle was stopped and their identity was asked. The person sitting at the back seat tried to open his bag and took out a grenade. The police part swiftly swung into action and grabbed the person sitting at the back seat.” He further informed that both the driver and the person who were sitting at the back seat were taken to the police custody. He clarified that when the person took off his mask, he was identified as a terrorist Abrar, a top LeT commander. A pistol and some hand grenades were recovered from Abrar’s possession, confirmed the spokesperson.

He further notified that Abrar was taken to the disclosed house to recover the weapons after leaving the suspect’s house. Furthermore, the spokesperson added that when the party was entering the house a Pakistani terrorist recognized as one of his associate open fired at them while hiding in the premises. He informed the in the first round of fire, 3 CRPF personnel were injured along with Abrar who got wounded.

In the ensuing gunfire, the foreign terrorist who fired from inside the house got neutralized and Abrar also got killed. the spokesperson cited. He further added that two AK-47 were recovered from the site. However he also ensured that the force was strengthened who later retaliated with heavy firing. The spokesperson affirmed that Abrar was incorporated in several killings of the security force personnel.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More