Mercedes has launched the ultra-opulent Maybach variant of its flagship SUV in India, which made its global debut in 2019. With prices starting at ₹ 2.43 crore (ex-showroom), it will be sold as a completely built unit in our market. It is one of the 15 models Mercedes has plans to launch this year.
The most luxurious SUV – the all-new Mercedes-Maybach GLS is officially here. Become a part of the Mercedes-Maybach legacy with intuitive technology and refined levels of sophisticated luxury. Visit https://t.co/cJpJqofhRr to know more. #GLSMaybach #MercedesMaybach pic.twitter.com/qfrbWCh88z
— Mercedes-Benz India (@MercedesBenzInd) June 8, 2021
Being the first SUV to be launched under the Maybach brand, it will be the German car company’s flagship SUV in India.
It competes with the Bentley Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Cullinan, and Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography in India, among others.
Here’s a list of some of the important features that distinguish this model:
- New dual-tone body colour treatment option and all the bling on its face with Maybach-styled chrome grille flanked by sleek LED headlights
- Large conjoined chrome air curtains on the bumper and a thick chrome skid plate
- Chrome inserts on the B-pillar with the Mercedes Maybach logo on the D-pillar
- 23-inch multi-spoke chrome wheels that come as an optional extra
- 4.0-litre V8 engine that is tuned to develop 542 bhp and 730 Nm of peak torque.
- Motor paired with a 9G-Tronic automatic transmission.
- 4- or 5-seater cabin with a 3135 mm long wheelbase, rear-passenger legroom of 1103 mm with Nappa leather upholstery
- Fixed centre console with space for a refrigerator and silver champagne flutes for the 4-seater version
- Electronic panoramic sliding/tilting sunroof, with opaque roller blinds
- Ventilated massaging seats
- Auto-sliding running board