SAS: Rogue Heroes is a British television historical drama series. It is created by Steven Knight. The series depicts the origins of the British Army Special Air Service (SAS) during the Western Desert Campaign of World War II. Apparently, the storyline is a broadly accurate representation of real events, as described by Ben Macintyre in his book of the same name. Initially, the series originally premiered on October 30, 2022 on BBC One.
While fans are wondering and anticipating about the second season, the network has recently given the fans their good news. The series was renewed for a second season by BBC in December 2022.
If you are one of those show addicts that needs a bit sneak peek into the details of the upcoming season, then you are at the right place. Following is everything we know about SAS: Rogue Heroes Season 2 so far.
SAS: Rogue Heroes Season 2: Cast
At the moment, we have no update regarding the cast of Season 2. However, we think it is safe to speculate that most of the main characters of the series are likely to return for another season which is why we think it would be great to recap the cast of season 1. Check out the potential cast of SAS: Rogue Heroes Season 2 below:
- Connor Swindells as David Stirling
- Jack O’Connell as Paddy Mayne
- Alfie Allen as Jock Lewes
- Sofia Boutella as Eve Mansour
- Dominic West as Dudley Clarke
- Tom Glynn-Carney as Sergeant Mike Sadler
- Amir El-Masry as Dr. Gamal
- Theo Barklem-Biggs as Sergeant Reg Seekings
- Corin Silva as Sergeant Jim Almonds
- Jacob Ifan as Sergeant Pat Riley
- Dónal Finn as Second Lieutenant Eoin McGonigal
- Jacob McCarthy as Lance-Corporal Johnny Cooper
- Stuart Campbell as Second Lieutenant Bill Fraser
- Bobby Schofield as Sergeant Dave Kershaw
- Nicholas Nunn as Sergeant Peter Mitcham
- Miles Jupp as Major Alfred Knox
- Virgile Bramly as Capitaine Georges Bergé
- César Domboy as Lieutenant Augustin Jordan
- Tom Hygreck as Brevet Lieutenant André Zirnheld
- Arthur Orcier as Aspirant Marc Halévy
- Paul Boche as Sergeant Walter Essner
- Moritz Jahn as Corporal Herbert Brückner
- Adrian Lukis as Claude Auchinleck
- Michael Shaeffer as Neil Ritchie
- Ian Davies as Randolph Churchill
- Jason Watkins as Winston Churchill
- Anthony Calf as Archibald Stirling
- Kate Cook as Margaret Fraser
- Isobel Laidler as Mirren Barford
- Ralph Davis as Captain Alexander Norton
- David Alcock as Jan Smuts
SAS: Rogue Heroes Season 2: Plot
The plotline of the upcoming season is still kept under the wraps. However, we know that the show broadly follows an eccentric young officer David Stirling who is hospitalised in Cairo after a training exercise accident during World War II. Bored, he starts thinking that the accepted war methods are wrong and hits on a radical plan. He fights for permission to recruit the toughest, boldest and brightest soldiers for a small undercover unit that will create mayhem behind enemy lines. More rebels than soldiers, Stirling’s team are every bit as complicated, flawed and reckless as they are astonishingly brave and heroic.
SAS: Rogue Heroes Season 2: Release Date
At this moment of writing, the latest update we can provide is that the show has just been renewed. We expect the second season to arrive in late 2023 or early 2024.