Dry skin can be very uncomfortable and is usually very flaky, itchy, and cracking. Causes of dry skin include environment, genetics, hard water, excessive washing, medical conditions, etc. Some other factors of dry skin include bathing habits, humidity, use of harsh soaps, etc.
Dry skin is generally caused due to deficiency of vitamin B.
The causes of dry skin might be different, but with the proper skincare routine, dry skin problems can be prevented.
To prevent dry skin, it is best to follow a healthy skincare routine. Your skincare routine for dry skin should include the following steps:
- Cleanse: The first step is to cleanse your skin correctly. Choose a hydrating cleanser. Cleansing your skin removes dirt and oil without causing any disruption to the outer skin layer.
- Toner: The next step is to use a toner. Many toners contain alcohol as their ingredient, which dries out the skin. Make sure that you use a toner that is alcohol-free and has active ingredients that restore your skin’s pH levels.
- Target: The next step is to target some specific skin concerns. Pay more attention to hydration with a pure hyaluronic acid serum.
- Moisturize: A good moisturizer helps lock the benefits of a serum. Use a moisturizer that is good for dry skin. Your moisturizer must be nourishing and hydrating but avoid products that might clog your pores.
- Protect: It is essential to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Irrespective of your skin type, you must use sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
Besides this, if you have dry skin with acne, make sure that you prevent usage of heavy products like oil-based lotions, moisturizers, and sunscreens, cleanse the face only once a day, avoid exfoliating and go easy on skin-drying ingredients. At last, the most common thing which is highly recommended in all skincare routines is keeping yourself hydrated. Make sure that you drink loads and loads of water to avoid dehydration.