Top 5 Business books to read
Reading great business books is one of the most cost-effective methods to become a whip-smart business person. Here’s a list of five must read books:
- Deep Work- Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport: Deep Workshares research and a common-sense process that will inspire you to dig in. This book explains what to do about distractions and how to focus on long-term projects. Unlike a lot of other business books, it contains practical advice for creative people too.
- Built to Last by Jim Collins and Jerry I: This book is a research of of a six-year research study about what qualities make visionary companies. The authors focused on 18 well known, well established, and healthy companies (‘visionaries’), and compared them to a counterpart in their niche or industry.
- Profit First: A Simple System to Transform Any Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz: Profitable Business owners are sometimes surprised to find money leaves the business almost as quickly as it arrives. This book provides a system for small business owners who want to take charge of their cash and grow a business.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen: This book stays true to the key principles of staying relaxed and getting everything out of your head and into a system for capturing ideas and working on the right things at the right time.
- Awaken the Giant within by Tony Robbins: The book comprises of five major pieces to the life. Consisting of philosophy, attitude, activity, results and lifestyle, Awaken the Giant Within is a classic in the personal development field and one that does a deep dive into the philosophy behind success.