Dhirubhai Ambani was an Indian businessman who founded Reliance Industries, a massive petrochemicals, communications, electricity, and textiles conglomerate that was India’s largest exporter and the first privately held Indian business to make the Fortune 500 list. Probably lacks financial backing, a wealthy family, and an education from prominent business institutions, Dhirubhai Ambani became one of the world’s most successful businessmen. His father, Hirachand Gordhanbhai Ambani, was a rural schoolteacher, while his mother, Kokilaben Ambani, was a housewife. Due to his family’s financial situation, he was unable to continue his studies beyond high school.
Dhirubhai established his first textile plant in Naroda, Gujarat, and developed the “Vimal” brand. Telecommunications, Information Technology, Energy, Power, Retail, Textiles, Capital Markets, and Logistics were among his subsequent diversifications. He emerged from humble origins to build India’s greatest industrial empire, becoming one of the world’s wealthiest individuals in the process. He returned to India after working in Dubai for a while and created the Reliance Commercial Corporation with a small capital of Rs. 15000. He founded the company alongside Champaklal Damani, with whom he parted ways in 1965.Here are some of the best inspirational and motivational quotes of Dhirubhai Ambani .
- “Only when you dream it you can do it.”
- “Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one’s monopoly”
- “Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambitions higher. Our commitment deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for Reliance and for India.”
- “You do not require an invitation to make profits.”
- “If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow.”
- “Pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities.”
- “Give the youth a proper environment. Motivate them. Extend them the support they need. Each one of them has infinite source of energy. They will deliver.”
- “Between my past, the present and the future, there is one common factor: Relationship and Trust. This is the foundation of our growth”
- “We bet on people.”
- “Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my expectation.”
- “Don’t give up, courage is my conviction.”
Dhirubhai Ambani received the Padma Vibhushan award in January 2016. During his lifetime, he received a slew of prizes and honours. Chemtech Foundation and Chemical Engineering World honoured him with the ‘Man of the Century’ award in 2000 for his contributions to India’s chemical industry’s growth and development. The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, gave him the Dean’s Medal in 1998 for creating an exemplary example of leadership.
Dhirubai was the epitome of guts and dedication. He believed in his ambitions and lived them out. “Dhirubhai would depart one day,” he believed. He handed up Reliance Group to his sons Mukesh and Anil in 1986 after suffering a serious heart attack. The huge business organisation was broken up after his death into Reliance Industries, which is led by Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani leads the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG). By birth, he was a visionary, and his life has served as an inspiration to many and will continue to do so for future generations.