ECB investigates 2nd player for offensive tweet in 2 days

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is presently investigating another English player for uploading historic offensive material and just a day after Ollie Robinson was banned for past racist and sexist tweets. Wisden said it had uncovered a racist tweet but chose not to reveal the identity of the player because the player was under 16 when that tweet was posted.

The ECB said that it had been brought to their attention that an England player had posted historic offensive material on the player’s social media account. The board is further looking into it and will make further comment in due course. This incident comes after England fast bowler Ollie Robinson was banned from all international cricket pending the outcome of an investigation into offensive material as the player had posted on social media when he was a teenager back in 2012-13.

Ollie had apologised for his tweets that came into light last week when the player made his debut against the Blackcaps at Lords. At present, he has been ruled out of selection for the second test against the Kiwis starting on Thursday at Edgbaston. The England players shared a moment of unity with their Kiwis counterparts by wearing T-shirts designed to show a collective stance against discrimination of all kinds.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Privacy & Cookies Policy