Karwa Chauth has approached, and many couples are celebrating it. Being celebrated nationwide each year, it comes with with great fanfare and extravagance.
Karwa Chauth honours a couple’s love and is particularly celebrated by married women. Karwa Chauth is celebrated with great fanfare in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, and Haryana. Married women observe a fast from sunrise to moonrise on this day. They break their fast only when they see the moon in the sky and accept food and water from their husbands. During Karwa Chauth, married women offer prayers to Lord Shiva for their husbands’ long lives.
Here are 5 things to consume, if you have acidity problems:
1. Lemon juice: Lemon juice can encourage the production of digestive enzymes and help keep the pH level in the stomach balanced. To avoid acidity, you can have a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of lemon juice before meals.
2. Warm water: It is beneficial for digestion because it eases the lining of the stomach. Additionally, it might lessen symptoms of acidity and help dilute stomach acid.
3. Ginger: Due to its anti-inflammatory qualities, ginger helps relieve gas and calm the digestive tract. You can boil a few slices of fresh ginger in water to make ginger tea, or you can chew on a little piece of fresh ginger. Ginger tea can be consumed either before or after meals to help lessen acidity and gas.
4. Cumin: Because of its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory qualities, cumin may aid in digestion and relieve gas. To help with digestion and lessen gas, you can boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in water and drink cumin water after meals.
5. Peppermint: Peppermint can help relax the muscles in the stomach and has a calming effect on it. To prepare mint tea, infuse some dried or fresh mint leaves into hot water. Drinking tea made with mint leaves you feeling less acidic and relieves gas.