1. In 1962-1963, Lata Mangeshkar, a popular female playback singer, raised the issue of playback singers’ share of royalties.
2. Following the release of the 78 rpm record of Aayega…, the song was credited to the character Kamini. Faced with an onslaught of requests, HMV was forced to finally inform radio listeners that the singer was a young woman named Lata Mangeshkar.
3. Lata Mangeshkar allegedly stopped speaking with composer S D Burman for three or four years after he allegedly took credit for her success.
4. Lata Mangeshkar refused to collaborate with OP Nayyar solely because he collaborated with Asha Bhonsle, her sister.
5. Rafi was embroiled in a squabble over Lata Mangeshkar’s inclusion in the Guinness Book of World Records.