Usain Bolt has been one of the most well-known athletes at any Olympics in the last few years, including the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. And his unforgettable appearance in the 100m sprint event did not disappoint.
Here are some fascinating things about Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man:
1. Usain Bolt’s iconic “To Di World” pose made its debut at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. It became a worldwide sensation immediately. Bolting is the name of the pose. It’s something Usain Bolt does for every victory on the track. This is translated as a homage to the millions of his followers who have prayed, urged, and helped him in his search for victory.
2. Usain Bolt achieved the 100 meter final with a world record time of 9.69 seconds at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. He did this while running with his shoelace untied. Bolt should have finished in 9.60 seconds, according to studies conducted by the University of Oslo, had he not slowed down to celebrate his apparent victory before crossing the finish line.
3. Bolt’s preferred sport was cricket. He was a lightning-fast bowler. His mentor first discovered his physical ability when bowling. Bolt enjoyed sports and being a part of them, but when his cricket coach suggested he turn to athletics, he eagerly accepted. Bolt has previously expressed his lifetime love for fast bowler Waqar Younis when he was a staunch supporter of Pakistan’s cricket team. He also expressed his love for Chris Gayle, Sachin Tendulkar, and Matthew Hayden with zeal.
4. Usain Bolt is a die-hard Manchester United supporter. And he’s not afraid to say so. When he retires, he has shown an interest in playing for Manchester United. “It would be hard for me to say no if Alex Ferguson called me up and said, ‘OK, let’s do this, come and have a trial,’” Bolt said in 2012. “If I didn’t believe I was up to the task, I would not do it. I am an experienced athlete who understands how to make a difference,” he added.
5. Usain Bolt’s secret to winning the 2008 Beijing Olympic 100 m men’s final was chicken nuggets and yams. Since chicken nuggets are deep-fried, they aren’t considered nutritious, but Bolt ate them before one of the most important races of his career.
6. Usain Bolt is a well-known athlete who is well-liked by both sports fans and the public. His accomplishments have earned him nicknames such as “Bolt from the Blue” and “Lightning Bolt”.
7. Usain Bolt signed a contract with RockLive and created an animated version of himself who must complete several tasks in order to gain lightning sprinting pace in the game. Bolt! was the name of the game, which was released in 2012 for Apple users.