Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s marriage ended in 2017 but the ex-couple has been at the centre of a very public divorce battle and court cases, including the one that is ongoing in Fairfax, Virginia.
The relationship between the former couple started on the set of their 2011 release Rum Diary, filming for which began in 2009. Depp and Heard were engaged in 2014 and married in 2015. However, in 2016, Heard filed for divorce from Depp. They were officially and legally separated in 2017. Since then, the ex-couple has been seeing each other in Court and several details of their relationship of five years have been making headlines. We take a look at some of the most shocking charges they have made against each other in public.
Here are some serious allegations that the couple threw at each other that still need proof:
- In the current trial, Heard said in Court that Depp sexually assaulted her in Australia in 2015. He took 8-10 tablets of ecstasy. The next 3 days were very violent.
- Depp has alleged his finger was severed by Heard throwing a vodka bottle at him.
- Depp’s lawyers have said that Heard was the physically abusive one in the relationship. They said that he would lock himself in the bathroom to avoid her.
- Heard “or her cohort” were accused by Depp of defecating in their marital bed. Depp told the court he thought the incident was “a fitting end to the relationship”.
- During the Court hearing, it also came to light that Heard had a ‘threesome’ with Elon Musk and Cara Delevingne in Depp’s apartment in 2016 after she split from him and filed for divorce. Musk, who is said to appear in the Virginia Court hearing via video conferencing, has earlier denied any such claims.
- Depp’s controversial texts to Heard have also been revealed during the trial. ”I hope that Amber’s rotten corpse is decomposing in a f–king trunk of a honda civic,” one of Depp’s texts read.